Friday, November 23, 2007

Post Thanksgiving De-tox

"Shopping!" Jacob said this morning as he attempted to wake me up around 3:30 am so that we could get to JC Penney in time to get the free Mickey Mouse snow globe they were handing out. Kinda ridiculous to get up that early, but we are big fans of pretty much anything with Mickey Mouse on it. Plus, it was free and we like free stuff. (When Jacob went into work around 8 am at JC Penney, he found out that they had set a snow globe aside for all of the employees.)

So we started our day early and hit the big sales, but not looking for anything in particular. We hit JC Penney and Wal Mart, then headed to Bob Evans for breakfast. Then we went to Staples until Jacob had to go to work. While he helped the mad rush of shoppers buying shoes, I continued to shop. I went to JoAnn Fabrics and spent some time with my mom, then went to Target (where I was able to complete most of Jacob's Christmas shopping).

I finally got home around noon, and attempted to watch a movie while wrapping gifts, but I was quite tired. I decided to take a nap, but my phone kept ringing, so I really didn't get a good nap. Then, before I knew it, I had to go pick Jacob up from work. We made a couple of last minute stops, then headed home where we had leftover Thanksgiving for dinner and got out the Christmas decorations!

We started playing Christmas music and watched ELF while we put up the Christmas tree. Even though we aren't going to be in Ohio for Christmas (we are spending it in Thatcher, AZ with Jacob's family), we still wanted to put up all our decorations. Here are some pictures of our Thanksgiving, as well as our apartment "beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"


The place cards that Whitney and Melinda made.


The final table setting.


Dad carving the turkey.


Us before leaving around 4 am this morning.


The snow globe from JC Penney.


"O Tannenbaum"


The beginnings of the Lauritzen Family's Christmas Village.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like ya'll had fun shopping! I like the pictures! You definitely should put more up!!!!

stephasauri said...

That's a fancy Thanksgiving table! How fun that you had an intimate Thanksgiving with mom and dad!