Monday, August 4, 2008

It's about time we made this public ...

We've been trying to keep this hush hush, but felt it was about time that we let everyone know that Whitney is pregnant! We've known for a little while now (June 11th), but wanted to wait until Whitney was a little farther along. Well, she is, but there's still a long way to go. The baby is due on February 17, 2009! That's right we're having a digital baby! If you haven't watch TV in the last couple of months then you might not know that February 17th is also the day that TV switches from an analog to a digital signal so we're having a digital baby! Even though its funny to say that, Whitney will tell you that this baby is very real as she's experienced on two trips to the hospital and several doctors appointments. She's had a hard time with being nauseous, but she's got the good drugs now and is doing a lot better. We're hoping to post pictures from our recent trip to Disney World soon, but as you now know we've been preoccupied by other things--Little Baby Lauritzen!

14 comments:

W said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. I hope you are feeling better. Hopefully, it won't last the whole time. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Emily S. said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting. Feb 17th is a good day (that's Morgan's birthday!) I hope that you feel better soon! Being pregnant is such an adventure!

Lauren Jayne said...

Congratulations Whitney- that is so exciting!

Rachel said...

Congrats again! I'm realy excited for you guys and I can't wait to see pictures of your Disney trip! I didn't realize you were having a digital baby, that's really funny to me, anyway CONGRATS!

ohiosupermom said...

Awesome! I'm feeling old; all the kids I used to babysit are becoming mommies.

Joanna said...

I've been checking your blog every few weeks waiting for this announcement:). Congratulations!!! I'm glad to hear your feeling better with those drugs. I've heard of so many people who have horrible nausea, and the drugs really seem to help. By the way, we found out yesterday that we're having a boy. I wonder if yours will be a boy or a girl? Oh the excitement.

Anonymous said...

The randy baker girls (minus Wendi) were all together when we checked the blog. Thanks for finally updating your blog and congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be sure to add Karen and Emily's blogs to your blog-- you can get the links from mine.

Love, Paula (father to Felicity)

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I am also father to you.... ELIZABETH!

Ashley said...

YAY FOR BABY!!!!

stephasauri said...

Baby Eliza is excited for a new cousin!!

Hooray for updating the blog!

We can't wait to see you guys!

Cara said...

Congrats to you guys! Can't wait to find out what it is. Oh and my parents said congrats too!

Anonymous said...

I just realized that I was father to Felicity, but that Annabelle (Bananabelle)and Elizabeth (Bitsy) were sisters. So you are not my child.

I don't know why I needed to post that, but I did.

Also, I would like a belly picture, since you mentioned on Darbie's blog that you were huge. And pictures from your trip to Disney. And any other pictures you have. I expect frequent updates!!

Corri said...

Jacob...gosh it's been a long time! I found your blog through Kyle's. Congrats on your wife being pregnant! I know the feeling with the horrible morning sickness...it is awful. It finally went away for me at about 25 weeks. Hopefully she is feeling much better.

Anonymous said...

That is the BEST! We are happy for you and the beginning of your little family. He/she will be handsome/beautiful and definitely blonde! Blondes and blonde families have more fun, hee-hee! So glad that we found your blog, come and visit ours sometime!!